“And that's the whole story, Papa?”
“That's what happily ever after
means, honeybee.”
Michiru opened the door. “Haruka, are
you quite finished with that story? She should be sleeping already,
you know.”
The little girl, brown eyes sparkling,
chestnut hair tied into a loose French braid before bed, pouted over
at Michiru. “Mama, I LIKE this story. I want more.”
Michiru smiled. “Well then, my dear,
you will have to write it yourself. Haruka, let her sleep.”
The little girl looked back over at
Haruka, who gave a sideways grin and kissed her on the forehead.
“Your Mama's right.” She gave a sly whisper. “But don't tell
her I said so.”
Michiru looked happily on as her
daughter snuggled into bed and closed her eyes. Haruka put her hand
on the back of the chair, and pushed herself to her feet, leaning on
her cane.
Michiru took her hand as she made her
way slowly to the door. “I trust Ruka Hood saved the day again?”
“No, not at all.” She leaned
against the doorframe cheekily, propped on her good leg. “Maid
Michiru saved Ruka Hood.”
And they lived happily ever after.
No comments:
Post a Comment