Monday, October 6, 2014

Epilogue


Mina loved the feel of the crackle on her fingers. Pluto was always lecturing her about the necessity of using her gifts for good, but Mina didn't really think you could do much more good than taking out the trash that God had oh so negligently left on the world. Pluto could focus on more important things, as far as she was concerned, like maybe figuring out how to get Usagi to use her powers or understanding flirting between humans.

Frank was curled up in the corner, crying. Maggie lay on the floor, eyes wide with sadness, as Mina gathered up the two small boxes and lay them by the door. She went and sat by Maggie, crosslegged against the couch, and lay her hand on her chin thoughtfully.

“Okay, so, here's the thing.” Her voice was bright and peppy, even as Maggie gave a whimper of pain. “I need you to like, never contact Haruka again, kay? Becaaaaaaaaause,” She was, admittedly, enjoying the silence for her moment of dramatic flair. “when you upset Haruka I have to deal with it for like 3 weeks. And she is, you know, already a grumpy asshole, which is also mostly thanks to you. And THEN, it also makes fucking MICHIRU grump as fuck, and, lady, I just don't have the patience. Please stop breaking my lesbians.” She grabbed Maggie's purse and rifled through the wallet. “Fuck, you already spent most of the money.” She took out the forty dollars left from Haruka's payoff. “Okay, so, this is mine. I am treating the fuck out of myself.” Maggie made a grab at the cash and Mina licked her index finger and shocked Maggie again, smaller this time, but it was enough to down her.. “No no no. Wrong idea.” She stood up. “In conclusion. Let's not forget what we talked about today, okay?” Her voice was singsong, like a children's recess game, and mocking as she continued. “If you can find Haruka, I can find you.”

She picked up the boxes and slammed the door behind her, skipping away as she dialed Michiru's number on her cell phone.


“I got them! No, no, big deal Michi, it was actually pretty fun.”  

No comments:

Post a Comment